- Ask each person to write a very brief bio on a piece of card.
- Collect in all the cards.
- Choose pairs by randomly picking two cards (if there is an odd number have one group of three).
- Pairs have to introduce each other by reading from the cards. Do this immediately so that if the writing is illegible they have to talk to each other to decipher the words.
- Ask everyone to stick the cards onto a board, and arrange them in a pattern to reflect where they are sitting.
- Ask everyone to spend a few minutes huddled around the board reading the cards.
- Repeat whenever you need to shuffle the pairs.
Here's another way for a new group of people to find out each others names and start to become a team: